Kids Help Phone is Canada’s leading phone and on-line counselling service for youth. It’s free, anonymous and confidential. Professional counsellors are available any time of the day or night, 365 days a year, to help young people, ages 5 to twenty deal with concerns large or small. As a community-based national charity, Kids Help Phone receives no core government or United Way funding and relies on community and corporate support to fund this essential and vital service.
Consistent with our mission of providing technologically-based communications tools, Kids Help
Phone offers six different counselling approaches, covering the various counselling needs of the youth
population of Canada.
- Immediate day or night counselling by phone;
- Counselling through online posts;
- Access to thoroughly researched and clinically endorsed content in the Info Booth section of the kids’
- Navigating in a virtual support community created by kids viewing other kids’ posts and the counsellor
- Interactive tools promoting self-care and resiliency, on the kids’ website;
- Your Space where kids can share their innermost thoughts, secrets and feelings in a safe and non-
Kids Help Phone employs skilled counselling professionals, not volunteers. Each of the more than 100 full- and part-time counsellors have a clinical or academic background and a degree or diploma in child and youth counselling, or in an applied social science such as social work or psychology. Counsellors have a minimum of three to five years of experience and many have expertise in a specific area, such as eating disorders, gangs, gaming addictions or sexual abuse, allowing them to contribute to the
knowledge base of the organization and their peers.
For more information, visit kidshelpphone.ca